Researchers at the University of Kentucky are seeking to understand how aging in Down syndrome may affect a person’s memory and thinking as they get older.
Aging & Geriatrics
Open Research Studies
- Researchers are investigating a cell therapy to modify progression of motor and/or cognitive impairment in people with Parkinson's disease. You may be eligible if you are between the ages of 40-75 and are a candidate for deep brain stimulation surgery.
- Researchers are conducting a study to investigate ways to prevent diabetes or obesity. You may be eligible if you are between 18-80 years old, have type II diabetes, and take no more than 100 units of insulin per day.
- Researchers at the University of Kentucky are inviting you to take part in a research study about rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Researchers are inviting you to participate in a study to examine the relationship between hearing loss and cognition.
- Researchers want to develop new strategies for healthy brain aging.
- Researchers at the UK NeuroBank are working hard to better understand neurological diseases and disorders in the hopes of developing new treatments and therapies.