Research with WHY
The Biostatistics, Epidemiology & Research Design (BERD) core manages the WHY database and invites researchers to examine the secure, confidential, and de-identified data sets.
WHY also serves to connect investigators to members who may be interested in other research studies and opportunities.
WHY can help you with:
Secondary Data Analysis
- WHY houses data on more than 15,000 members. Qualified investigators interested in analyzing de-identified data can submit a request for specific variables of interest. Data can be used for grants, posters, abstracts, publications, and other scholarly work. To request access to WHY data please fill out a Service Request Form.
- WHY members join because they are interested in promoting their health and wellness as well as the well-being of their friends, families, and neighbors. Using study criteria, eligible WHY members are contacted and sent study invites. If you would like to invite WHY members into your study, please fill out a Service Request Form and include an IRB approved flyer, a brief description of your study, and inclusion criteria. WHY staff will gladly share your research opportunity with members.
- Health and wellness is so much more than physical health. WHY surveys uniquely capture a wide range of life experiences, social determinants, prevention strategies, and health concerns. As a result, we are always looking for new opportunities to understand and improve the health and wellness of WHY members. We do this by offering a variety of short, survey modules. If you would like to create a specific module to enhance data collection efforts, please submit a Service Request Form. Data collected from these modules are also available for secondary data analysis.
- Presented by: The CCTS Participant Recruitment Team and Dr. Meghan Marsac, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics Key Objectives:
- How CCTS Participant Recruitment Services have changed during COVID-19
- Introduce a current study using PRS services to recruit and enroll participants
- Participant Recruitment During COVID-19 Presentation