The CRU provides expert nursing, study coordination and dedicated facilities for patient-oriented research, including inpatient and ambulatory studies.
Most of our registered nurses (RNs) have graduate or terminal degrees.
All of our full-time RNs:
are highly proficient at intravenous starts and phlebotomy.
are highly proficient at assisting with bone, fat, and muscle biopsies and specialized CLAMP studies.
are telemetry and radiation safety trained.
have ACLS certification.
will have PALS certification by September 2023.
Including expert clinical staff, experienced coordinators, and community research coordinator/clinical liaison support
Inpatient Days in 2022
Outpatient Visits in 2022
Current Studies Supported by CRU Research Coordinators
- "Great job team. Really enjoyed my time!"
- Very friendly & competent group. Much appreciated!"
- "The staff always seems very concerned about my comfort as well as the procedure. I am happy to be here."
- "All staff was beyone (sic) exceptional, I will most definitely be interested in more studies. They were all polite, professional and even nice to just talk to. Thank you."
- "Our comfort is paramount, smaller needles were obtained to help w. infusions because of scar tissue buildup, supplies were in room & ready for us when we arrive. Concerns are addressed & changes made if needed. We are made to feel important & necessary to the study & medicine & part of the team. People SMILE and laugh. It's restful to sit back.”