COVID is still among us, so we still need masks and proper hand-washing. :)
Local Resources for Food, Household Items, and Other Necessities
Community Action Council
- Distributes diapers, baby wipes, baby formula and feminine hygiene products. For assistance, contact:
Fayette Co.: English 859-699-3198;
Madison Co.: 859-353-8269
Nicholas Co.: 859-289-7172
Harrison Co.: 859-234-2121
- LIHEAP Crisis has been extended through April 30,2020. Households with a late or disconnect notice in the counties of Bourbon, Fayette, Harrison and Nicholas should call 859-233-4600.
- Application Assistors are available to assist individuals and families with Medicaid applications. Those in need of assistance should call 859-233-4600.
- This is a non-profit organization that serves 50 counties across Kentucky
- The organization has a list of local food banks across Kentucky counties
This non-profit organization is providing various services to the Appalachian Region in response to COVID-19 including offering help to those who need masks and similar services. Please check what is being offered by clicking the link to Aspire Appalachia above or by calling (606) 332-2022.
Resources for Parents
- Provides free educational resources to assist families with home schooling
- Mattel is offering multiple play-from-home resources, information and tips for parents and caregivers to encourage their kids to keep playing during this time of crisis.
- Dolly Parton will be reading children's bedtime stories from her favorite storybook collections every Thursday at 8:00pm. The series is available through the link and is scheduled to run through early June.
- Information is provided on Special Enrollment Period for health plan coverage that may be available to people who have lost or anticipate losing employer-based health coverage due to COVID-19.
- The Patient Assistance Network (PAN) provides some resources for coronavirus-related expenses among patients with other chronic diseases. More information can be found on who qualifies and the type of assistance offered.
- Through this program, Pfizer connects eligible patients to programs that may assist with healthcare expenses through help with copays and provision of certain medications for free.
- Kentucky.gov provides information on health benefits available to Kentuckians affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Benefind: Information regarding public assistance programs and links to make access to the programs are provided on the benefind website (https://benefind.ky.gov) or can also be accessed through the call center at 1-855-306-8959.
For Medicaid information and assistance, call the Kentucky Healthcare customer service line at 1-855-459-6328 or contact an application assister through the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange website at https://healthbenefitexchange.ky.gov/Pages/index.aspx
Offering drive through services. More information about services offered can be found using the link to the website or you can call directly : (606) 439-1559
Offering drive through testing for COVID-19
Offering provide free drive-thru COVID-19 testing
Mental Health Resources
- Offers tips to support adults to cope with stress as well as tips for parents to recognize and reduce children's anxiety
- The link provided is to a webpage with multiple resources available to support mental health.
The article, "Managing Your Coronavirus Anxiety: Advice from a Clinical Psychologist" provides tips that are useful for managing anxiety during these unprecedented times.
- Every Tuesday: Gentle Chair Yoga @ 1:00
- Every Wednesday: "Healthy You Healthy Me" Book Read @ 10:00 ( April 15 & 22 @ 9:00)
Check the website for additional event information.
The Unemployment Bridge Program (UBP) provides mortgage relief to people who have lost their jobs, or who have had a reduction in income because of reduced work hours or a qualifying disability.
UBP is a Federal Program administered by Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC), the state housing finance agency, and REACH is a participating agency for the program.
Learn more by visiting the Unemployment Bridge Program at http://protectmykyhome.org/Pages/default.aspx
You can also contact Alyssa McKee with the REACH program by calling the office at (859) 455-8057, extension 22, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org