Researchers at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine Department of Behavioral Science are conducting brain-imaging research on opioids. Participation will require a 2 week stay in the hospital.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are between 18-50 years of age;
- Are available during working hours on weekdays;
- Use opioid drugs like heroin, Lortab, Percocet or Oxycontin for non-medical reasons;
- Use opioid drugs daily or near-daily; and
- Get sick when you stop using opioids
- Are not currently seeking treatment for your opioid use
Eligible individuals will be paid for their participation and may be reimbursed for travel. All information obtained will be kept confidential.