Understanding Clinical Trials (Research Studies)
Choosing to participate in a research study is an important personal decision. These frequently asked questions provide detailed information about clinical studies. In addition, it is often helpful to talk to a physician, family members, or friends about deciding to join a study. After identifying some study options, the next step is to contact the study research staff and ask questions about specific studies.
- For Parents: Why Clinical Research Studies in Children are important?
- Research Participant Information
Research Opportunities at UK
- Explore Current Studies at UK by category and contact study team on studies that interest you
- Search open clinical trials at UK using TrialsToday
- Search open national clinical trials at ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies on a wide range of diseases and conditions and is maintained by the United States National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health
- Join ResearchMatch.org which connects potential volunteers with researchers nation wide and in Kentucky
- Join Wellness, Health & You, which helps connect the public with researchers at UK
- Explore UK Markey Cancer Center Trials
- Explore UK Neurology Clinical Studies
- Explore UK Sanders Brown Center on Aging Trials
Research Opportunities Nationwide
Why Are Clinical Trials Important?
For questions about research studies, contact Roxane Poskin at 859-257-7856 or email@example.com
For questions about your rights as a participant, contact the Office of Research Integrity at 859-257-9428 or 1-866-400-9428