Understanding Clinical Trials (Research Studies)
Choosing to participate in a research study is an important personal decision. These frequently asked questions provide detailed information about clinical studies. In addition, it is often helpful to talk to a physician, family members, or friends about deciding to join a study. After identifying some study options, the next step is to contact the study research staff and ask questions about specific studies.
- For Parents: Why Clinical Research Studies in Children are important?
- Research Participant Information
Research Opportunities at UK
- Explore Current Studies at UK by category and contact study team on studies that interest you
- Search open clinical trials at UK using TrialsToday
- Search open national clinical trials at ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies on a wide range of diseases and conditions and is maintained by the United States National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health
- Join ResearchMatch.org which connects potential volunteers with researchers nation wide and in Kentucky
- Join Wellness, Health & You, which helps connect the public with researchers at UK
- Explore UK Markey Cancer Center Trials
- Explore UK Neurology Clinical Studies
- Explore UK Sanders Brown Center on Aging Trials
Research Opportunities Nationwide
Why Are Clinical Trials Important?
For questions about research studies, visit any of our Participant Recruitment Services webpages.
For questions about your rights as a participant, contact the Office of Research Integrity at 859-257-9428 or 1-866-400-9428