The Center for Clinical and Translational Science provides mentored research fellowships in clinical and translational science (CTS) for professional students. This 12 to 18 month fellowship provides the student with a $3,000 stipend for participating in a CTS faculty mentored research experience.
- Enrollment in a professional clinical training program, including MD, DMD, PharmD, Public Health, Clinical Psychology, Nursing DNP and Physician’s Assistant Programs.
- Completion of the "Introduction to Clinical Research" (ICR) as a Summer Workshop or Spring Elective Course (MED 815).
- Must be in good academic standing in your respective professional program.
- The applicant and faculty mentor will develop a detailed research training program focused on an ongoing clinical and translational research project under the mentor’s supervision.
- Research training is generally completed in a 12 month interval, although it is possible to extend the training to 18 months if consecutive summers are required.
- All awardees are required to present a poster at the annual CCTS Spring Conference.
- Applications are accepted twice a year (January and April).
- To submit an application, please contact Barbara Hurst (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the link to the current PSMRF Application.
- A sample application is provided as a template for project development with your mentor.
- Following review by the Advisory Committee, applicants will be notified of their status.
Cumulative # of PSMRF Fellows
Cumulative Enrollment in ICR
Avg # of Publications per PSMRF Graduate