Researchers at the University of Kentucky College of Nursing are conducting a research study to better understand cigarette and e-cig use and how it may impact pregnancy.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are pregnant and in your first trimester;
- Are between the ages of 18-44;
- Read and write English; and
- Have used cigarettes and/or e-cigs in the past 3 months.
If you are eligible and choose to participate, you will be compensated after each of the 4 study visits. Your participation will include the following during your scheduled clinic appointments in each trimester, and one time after your deliver:
- A 15 minute survey on an iPad
- Providing fluid samples
- Providing an expired carbon monoxide sample
All information will remain confidential.