Researchers at the University of Kentucky are conducting a study with boys and girls to help determine “the best” protocol (method) to use when testing children’s fitness level on a treadmill. NO blood draws, NO medications given. All procedures safe and closely monitored.
This study will include:
- Children 7 to 11 yrs of age (boys and girls; all ethnicities; all “shapes and sizes”)
- 2 testing sessions (1 hour each session, approx. 1 week apart)
- Participation will take place after school and on weekends (children will not be removed from school)
- Free parking and parents/guardians may remain with their children at all times during testing
- $35 compensation upon completion of the study