Have you just had a heart attack?
You may be able to take part in the EMPACT-MI study
WHO can participate?
- Men and women ages 18 and older
- Heart attack within the past 14 days of hospital admission
- At least one additional risk factor: (see your doctor for other factors that may qualify)
o Age 65 years or younger
o Prior heart attack
o Type 2 diabetes mellitus (no type 1)
What can you expect?
- Study duration: 12 to 24 months
- Includes 1 – 2 on-site visits and 3 – 6 remote visits
- Option to use telephone, mobile app, or computer for remote visits
- Study medication is taken by mouth once per day with water, with or without food
- You will continue to receive your regular health care while on the study
- You will be placed by chance into the study drug or placebo group. A placebo looks like
a study drug but has no medicine in it.
- Study related care, tests, and study medication will be provided to participants at no
For more information, contact:
Ben Rushing, CCRC