You are invited to participate in a study to reduce risk for cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes in Latinos.
Who is invited?
- Adults at-risk for heart disease or type 2 diabetes
- With a member of their family who lives with or near them.
Adults at-risk for these diseases can participate in this study including those who:
Are 18 years of age or older
- Speak Spanish
Do not already have heart disease or diabetes (for example: have a family history of heart disease or type 2 diabetes; are overweight or obese; do not eat healthily; do not exercise; have hypertension; smoke; have high cholesterol; have depression or are stressed)
A family member invited to enroll in the study with an at-risk adult:
- May or may not have heart disease or type 2 diabetes;
- May or may not have one or more of the risk factors listed.
As part of the study:
We will collect data about lifestyle and similar information from all participants.
Adults who are at-risk for these diseases will be asked to
Provide information about their lifestyle;
Have some physical assessments conducted related to their risk factors;
Attend healthy lifestyle educational sessions.
Family members who enroll with at-risk adults may or may not be asked to do these same activities.
- Everyone who is in the study will receive something for participating.