Clinical Operations Inpatient and Outpatient Services
The Clinical Services Core (CSC) is a network of resources, facilities and professionally staffed inpatient and outpatient unit for adults and children as well as additional resources and services for conducting CCTS approved studies.
CSC can assist the researcher with the following services:
- Implementation of grant funded protocols, investigator initiated trials and phase I, II, III, and IV clinical trials;
- Administer or disperse investigational study medication and study agents, including chemotherapy and inoculations;
- Coordinate clinical procedures for research;
- Perform physiologic measurements such as: vital signs, EKG, cardiac/vital sign monitoring;
- Collect research data: perform study specific tests, monitor and document responses to interventions, conduct exams such as vision, nasal, mini mental exams, and administer surveys and questionnaires;
- Assist with bedside procedures, such as lumbar punctures, bone biopsies and sedation;
- Conduct pharmacokinetic studies;
- Obtain, process and ship lab specimens (blood, urine, saliva, CSF) (DOT/IATA certified);
- Disperse or administer investigational medications and study agents, including chemotherapy and inoculations;
- Provide adverse events surveillance, attend site visits, develop study and source documents, complete source and case report forms, and maintain regulatory documents;
- Provide patient education;
- Provide nursing care to a variety of age groups (pediatric to geriatric populations).
CSC Outpatient Unit
- Available for all research investigators conducting trials;
- A reception area, six exam rooms and one large procedure room;
- Infusion capability;
- A lab processing and shipping area with freezer storage and dry ice;
- Designated monitoring areas with wireless connections;
- Flat screen TVs with wireless headphones in four rooms;
- Refrigerators for medication storage and for patients food;
- Ice Machine.
Direction to the CSC Outpatient Unit
The Outpatient Unit is located Room C300, Wing 3 North, UK Chandler Hospital.
- Driving follow signs to UK Chandler Hospital Parking
- Take the Hospital Shuttle to the main entrance of the hospital. Once inside the revolving door, walk straight ahead toward the Information Desk.
- Turn left at the Information Desk
- Turn right at the first short hall. The B elevator will be straight ahead.
- Take the B elevator to the 3rd floor.
- Research registration is to the left off of the elevator.
CSC Inpatient Unit
The full functioning Inpatient Unit offers the following:
- Seven inpatient rooms with the capacity to hold up to 13 patients;
- A lab processing and shipping area with short-term –80° or –20° storage availability;
- A metabolic kitchen;
- Exam Rooms.
Direction to the CSC Inpatient Unit
The Inpatient Unit is located in Room N 501, Wing 5 North, UK Chandler Hospital.
- Take the Hospital Shuttle to the main entrance of the Hospital. Once inside the revolving door, walk toward the Information Desk.
- Turn left at the Information Desk and walk straight down the corridor into a large open area. Hospital Administration will be in front of you. Turn right.
- The C elevator is further down on your left. Take the C elevator to the fifth floor.
- Go right off the C elevator and into the first door on the right, marked General Clinical Research Center.
Research Nurses: carry out the research protocol, ensuring proper and complete clinical implementation while providing research participants the highest standard in quality care.
A Research Pharmacist from the Investigational Drug Service unit will work with the CSC research team members to ensure the proper use and distribution of the study drug.
If you are requesting Clinical Operations services, please complete and submit the CSC Service Request Form
For additional information, please contact Linda Rice, Clinical Operations Director: email@example.com